Welcome to the final edition of Property Speaking for what has been a tumultuous 2020. Whilst we cover some topics in this issue that relate to COVID, we are keen on looking forward to greener 2021 pastures.
In this edition:
- Changes to the Building Act 2004 - consents not needed for small builds
- Understanding your property title - “Estate”, “ownership with others” and “interests”
- Allowing for COVID-related settlements
- Residential tenancies Amendment Act 2020: three stages of changes
- Reminder: Temporary COVID residential tenancies changes have ended